She exuded a command of her Body Movements in such Bold Style.
As she greeted us I was struck by her height and silhouette… Tall & Curvaceous.
She had combed out her kinked hair to a fullness that balanced with her shoulders and the curve of her hips.
As she escorted us to our table I watched in fascination as her curve shaped buttocks moved individually- one then another.
Her hips seemed totally aware of what they had to show off, letting a rhythm linger in your head as she moved.
I sat myself down, blurring out everything around me, including my lunch companion.
Focused in my own creative thoughts, I began running through my head what ‘Striking Dress Design Details’ would do justice to this Woman’s Silhouette and Gait!
Every day I watch people. Some strike with such animated expression, I feel like I am in a 3-D movie.
I take in every element of what they are conveying.
Some Every Day Characters impact me so creatively, I want to pull out my Design Sketch Pad, draw out an ideal Ensemble that complements their musical Gait.
With a quick final stroke of my Pencil, I would hand over the design sketch, and say ‘THIS’- IS WHAT YOU SHOULD GO FIND TO WEAR!’!
There are many of these stories that stay with me. This woman clearly was one of them.
I decided the next best thing I could do was compile ideal components of what I would see ‘Gracing Her Silhouette.’
Pulled from my Pinterest Style Integrity design component boards are elements I envisioned for this hostess who had me mentally ‘Pull out my Sketch Pad!‘
1. The NECKLINE/BODICE((Deep V-Slit-to above bust/rounded jewel neckline at the back; Bodice front, angled darts at the bust; Bodice back fitted with vertical darts along shoulder blades)
2. SLEEVE(Fitted, to above her elbow)
3. SKIRT(seamed at the waist/multi-gored full skirt, not gathered. It should sway with her gait)
4. SHOULDER SHEATH(across the front/shoulders for evening)
5. FOOTWEAR(makes a statement balancing her silhouette and the skirt)
STYLE EXPRESSION HAS IT’S OWN RHYTHM!